Remote islands: Ap Chau and Kat O
This tour is suitable for children of age 6 and up.
- 8:00 meet at University MTR station; walk to Ma Liu Shui pier.
- 8:30 take ferry from Ma Liu Shui to Ap Chau (about 10:30 arrive).
- Visit Ap Chau: the sea arch (geopark - red sedimentary breccia) and the village exhibition centre
(showcasing the unique cultural history of this island: a refuge for followers of the True Jesus Church).
- 12:00 ferry to Kat O.
- Seafood lunch at Kat O (optional - not included - $100 per person).
- Tour of the island: a.o. Tin Hau temple, Kwun Yam temple and wishing tree, abandoned villages, viewpoint.
- 15:30 ferry back to Ma Liu Shui, approx. 17:00 arrive there (17:15 University MTR).
Fee for this tour: HKD 290 per person, HKD 250 children 3-12, including ferry fare. Recommended age: 6+.